The Sharps Xtreme Performance Bolt (XPB) in DLC (diamond Like Carbon), is our patented Relia-Bolt™ finished in DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) coating.
The redesigned lugs of the Relia-Bolt™ virtually eliminate the most common MSR malfunction; the bolt to barrel extension jam. Haven’t cleaned your rifle? Is it out of time? The Relia-Bolt™ compensates by providing a patented camming action which guides the bolt past obstructions and into battery. (U.S. Patent No. 9,863,729) The rounded/tapered lugs push past carbon and debris when the square edges of traditional bolts would typically jam. Once into battery, the rear edges of the lugs fully engage the barrel extension for absolute strength and security.
Unmatched Strength and Durability
The Relia-Bolt™ is machined from S7 tool steel and tempered with SRC’s proprietary heat-treating process, significantly increasing strength when compared to MilSpec Carpenter 158. S7 provides a 75% increase in tensile strength, and nearly 60% improvement in yield strength.
We offer a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee on our complete line of Sharps bolt and bolt carrier products.
90 Day Warranty
If any Relia-Bolt™ is found to have defects in materials or workmanship, SRC will repair or replace it at no charge.
- Bolt: S7 Tool steel, shot peened and DLC coated (U.S. Patent No. 9,863,729)
- Extractor: 4340 Steel, Manganese Phosphate coated
- Ejector: S7, shot peened and Manganese Phosphate coated
- Extractor Pin: S7, shot peened and Manganese Phosphate coated
- Mil-Spec Extractor and Ejector Springs, Gas Rings
- Batch MPI and HPT tested
- Tensile strengths of 1550-1600 mpa, or 220,000-235,000 psi.
- Toughness of over 200 ft./lb. Charpy C-Notch
- HRC of 46 yields a 15% increase in hardness at the same toughness comparing to Carpenter 158 & 9310
Technical Data on DLC Coating
- Coating thickness: 2 – 4 μm (Micro Meter) or 2-4 μ (Microns)
- Hardness HV 0.05: 2000 – 2800 or 80+ HRC
- Deposition method: PVD UBM/PACVD
- Friction vs. steel, dry: 0.1
- Color: Carbon Black
XPB is drop-in compatible with all existing .223/5.56 variant parts groups and bolt carriers; no modifications or tools are necessary for installation.