The Sharps 308 Balanced Bolt Carrier Group Complete has the same innovative design as the Sharps 5.56 Balanced Bolt Carrier Group. The 308 carrier is precisely machined from case-hardened 8620 alloy steel. The 308 Relia-Bolt™ is made of robust 9310 nickel-chrome-moly alloy steel. The entire BCG is finished with DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) Coating. The Sharps 308 Balanced Bolt Carrier Group has the SRC logo machine cut and visible when the ejection port door is open. Bolt has dual ejectors. Sharps 308 BCG is compatible with Generation 1 DPMS LR-308 style platforms. Weight 17.7 oz. This is NOT compatible with Generation 2 DPMS LR-308. Sharps will not guarantee proper function with the use of steel cases, or foreign ammunition.
Order cancellations may incur a 15% restocking fee. Please see return section
Limited Lifetime Warranty
If any SRC Balanced Bolt Carrier or Relia-Bolt™ is found to have manufacturer defects, SRC will repair or replace it at no charge. Manufacturer defects include broken lugs, out of spec parts or defective parts. Although our BCG is DPMS Gen 1, there are so many variables, sometimes a little troubleshooting, or fine tuning of parts, may be required for proper functionality. Before a part is replaced or refunded, SRC reserves the right to inspect and test part(s) in question to determine if it is defective.
- Bolt: 9310 steel, shot peened DLC coated (U.S. Patent No. 9,863,729)
- Bolt Carrier: 8620 steel, shot peened and DLC coated
- Gas Key: 4130 Steel, attached with Grade 8 hardware, properly staked and DLC Coated
- Cam Pin: 4340 Steel, Manganese Phosphate coated
- Firing Pin: Mil Spec firing pin made of 8740 steel, center‐less ground and Hard Chrome coated
- Extractor: 4340 Steel, Manganese Phosphate coated
- Ejector: S7, shot peened and Manganese Phosphate coated
- Extractor Pin: S7, shot peened and Manganese Phosphate coated
- .067″ Firing Pin
- Batch MPI and HPT tested
- Tensile strengths of 1550-1600 mpa, or 220,000-235,000 psi.
- Toughness of over 200 ft./lb. Charpy C-Notch
- HRC of 46 yields a 15% increase in hardness at the same toughness comparing to Carpenter 158 & 9310
Technical Data on DLC Coating
Coating thickness: 2 – 4 Microns
- Hardness HV 0.05: HRC 80+
- Deposition method: PVD UBM/PACVD
- Friction vs. steel, dry: 0.1
- Color: Matte Black / Hyper Black (Polished)